bad times start work
1 Actions to create or accomplish something. “Work in progress” “I not getting the job”
2 Things to engage as a means of earning a living. Profession. “Finding a promising job” “Getting a financial job” “Working at home for half a week”
3 What I did. The result of the action. performance. “Leave a good job”
4 Doing bad things or plotting. Work. Work. “Pickpockets work in groups”
5 > Sewing. sewing.
“Can you do one suddenly?”
6 In mechanics, the product of the force component in the moving direction and the moving distance when the object moves due to the action of an external force. The unit is the unit of energy, joule, and other watt-seconds and watt-hours.
[Understanding] Play work, rough work, contract work, government office work, one-handed work, one-handed work, subordinate work, hard work, wage work, handicraft work, out-of-work work, labor work, lord work, garden work, stray work・ Needle work ・ Daily work ・ One (person) work ・ Water work ・ Profitable work ・ Putting work ・ Mountain work ・ Night work
An excellent work selected from postings to “work” in the “Let’s put your words in the dictionary. 2015” campaign conducted in 2015.
◆ Somehow it’s worth living.
◆ The royal road of “excuse material” used in every scene.
◆ No black, no mushoku.
◆ Things that you do your best for yourself or your family. However, sometimes you have to do your best even if you sacrifice precious time with your family.
◆ The more you do, the more you will get.
◆ I can’t wait for the end, and the beginning is melancholy.
◆ Actions that you decide to do yourself. In that sense, it includes not only voluntary things but also instructed contents. jack says that the most fun and respectable thing in the world is to have a lifelong job.
◆ A means of finding one’s “role” in society and at the same time realizing one’s “ambition”.
◆ Things that become cramped when given. It’s exciting when you grab it yourself.
◆ A legitimate activity as a person, which is a purpose of life, a means of earning a living, and a training to reconsider oneself.
[Name] (“shi” is from the conjunctive form of the sa verb “suru”)
bad times start work
① To do. What I did. What you have to do. Work. Also, work by moving your body. work.
* Sending book Modern Hideka (1209) “This is an interesting and interesting place, good work and Miyu”
* And off (before 14C) 2 “The Dainagon of Zensho-ji Temple, the fact that it is peeled off without any reason, just like my father’s Dainagon, I deeply resent.”
* In front of Kokkeibon Ukiyoburo (1809-13) “My father is going to work (Shigoto) and now I’m going to the store (Tana)”
② A job to earn a living by doing so. Profession. business.
* Nippo Jisho (1603-04) “Xigoto. Indentured servitude, manual work, etc.”
* Angu Raku Nabe (1871-72) 2 “After 78 years, tea sericulture will become popular and it will be a good occupation for young women and girls.”
③ Take things into consideration and take unusual actions. Also, doing bad things or plotting.
* Kabuki / Osomekumatsu Color Yomiuri (1813) Middle curtain “Even though I’ve been working hard, will Ano corpse be used as a ball to squeeze out a large amount of money?”
* One stick or next (1950) “Maybe the criminal goes straight to the room with the safe and works quickly.”
④ Needlework. sewing.
* Kokkeibon / Ukiyoburo (1809-13) 2 “I thought I could do a little bit of sewing if I was taught.”
(5) In mechanics, a force is applied to an object to move its position. The amount is expressed as the product of the magnitude of the force and the distance traveled. The unit is erg or joule.
[Language] (1) The notation “work ()” is already found in the “Civilization for This Section” in the middle of the Muromachi period, but the dictionary in the Edo period also has “things” and the notation is still stable. There wasn’t. Since the Meiji era, it has been almost unified to “work”, but it has been seen as an Ateji notation that borrows the character sound of “finishing”. However, the fact that “tailoring” is used in the Chinese character notation in Japanese can be seen not only in “work” but also in words such as “tailoring”, “tailoring”, and “finishing”. Also, from the Zappai of the Edo period, we can find many examples of the use of “serving” in the Chinese character notation of the sa verb “suru”. Therefore, there is a problem in seeing it as a borrowing of the character sound.
(2) From various places of work, in the literature from the early modern period to the modern era, as in the example of ②④, “occupation (work)” “sewing (work)” “sewing (work)” etc. In some cases, kanji notation was used to clarify the meaning. jobs
English notation: work
When a force acts on an object, the object is moved in the direction of the force. Now, if the object is displaced by s while the force F is acting, the work W performed by the force F at this time is a scalar quantity given by W = Fs.
Legend: Synonyms are indicated by ⇒, similar words are indicated by →, and related words are indicated by?.